located in the northwest of
Hunan Province, 150 km northwest of
the capital city
Changsha and to the west is
Zhangjiajie (195 km) and to the east is the broad Dongtighu Plain.
Changde was called Wuling and Dingzhou in ancient times.
products and beautiful natural scenery, Changde is "a land of fish and
rice" and an interesting place for tourists. Major scenic spots are the
Taohuayuan (the Land of Peach Blossoms) and the Jiashan Temple.
Taohuayuan: It is located in Taoyuan County and is 23 km away from
Chagde. The temples here were built in the 10th century. During the
reign of Guangxu (1875-1908) of the Qing Dynasty, a scenic spot was
formed according to "On the Land of Peach Blossoms" written by Tao
Yuanming, a famous writer of the Jin Dynasty (265-420 AD). The tourism
area today is composed of four parts: The Taohua Mountain, the
Taohualing Hill, the Taoyuan Mountrin and the Qinren Village.
- On the Land of Peach Blossoms
Jiashan Temple: it is about 15 km southeast of Shimen County in Changde
and was firstly built in the 11th year of the Xiantong reign of the Tang
Dynasty (870 AD).